Gingerbread Cake with Biscoff Frosting
2 1/4 c flour
2 t ground ginger
1 T ground cinnamon
1 t ground cloves
1 T baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 T molasses
1 c unsalted butter
1 2/3 c dark brown sugar
1/2 c buttermilk
1 t vanilla
zest of 1 orange
2 c butter
5 c powdered sugar
1 13 oz jar of Biscoff Cookie Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare three 8” round cake pans with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, and brown sugar until fluffy. About 1 minute.
- Add eggs, vanilla, orange zest, and molasses. Mix at medium speed until combined.
- In a different medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Measure out buttermilk.
- Alternating buttermilk and flour mixture in thirds, add to mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until done.
- Allow cakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Whilst the cakes are cooling, prepare frosting. In a stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment, cream together butter and biscotti until smooth.
- Turn mixer down to low speed. Slowly pour in powdered sugar until completely incorporated.
- Turn mixer to high and beat the frosting for about a minute or until fluffy.
- Once cakes are cooled, stack each cake with Biscoff frosting between each layer.
- Frost the outside of the cake and decorate with gingerbread cookies!
- Spread holiday cheer!