Cinnamon Coconut Cake Donuts
Today we’re talking donuts. Specifically, cake donuts. Really specifically, Cinnamon Coconut Cake Donuts. If you don’t have cake donut pans, you can get them at most craft stores or here on Amazon. These cake donuts are super easy to make and fast to whip up. Plus, people are super impressed by homemade donuts! And they won’t even think about how you didn’t have to go through the hassle of frying. (Don’t get me wrong, those donuts are great too!)
You can probably whip up these little guys in about 30-40 minutes total. They make a great surprise breakfast for someone! Also, the cinnamon and coconut combo (*drooling*) is basically like a coconuty horchata. Not sure where this inspiration came from exactly, but this combo—it just works.
2 c. all-purpose flour
¾ c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 T. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
2 T. melted butter
¼ c. vegetable oil
¾ c. coconut milk
1 ½ c. powdered sugar
3 T. milk
Garnish with toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease donuts pans with non-stick spray
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon).
- Add wet ingredients (vanilla, eggs, butter, oil, and coconut milk).
- Whisk together until fully combined.
- Spoon donut batter into piping bag. Pipe batter into donut pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, whisk together milk and powdered sugar to make the glaze.
- Once donuts are baked and fully cooled, ice them with glaze and garnish with toasted coconut.